Heard the phrase “less is more”?
It really applies to those with sensitive or sensitised skin. Follow these skin care dos and don’ts to help cut down on redness, reactivity, and flare-ups.
- Do not use hot water when cleansing.
- When cleansing, if skin is too sensitised even for water, use tissue or a gentle non-fabric cloth to remove product.
- Don’t use excessive or abrasive movements. Instead, go for gentle, upward circles.
- Speak to a skin care professional about a “less is more” product regimen that will help calm skin, reduce redness, and protect against flare-ups.
- Be mindful of exfoliants. First speak with a professional skin therapist to see if exfoliation is right for your skin. If it is, he or she will recommend a gentle exfoliant that won’t scratch or inflame skin.
- Use a moisturiser that helps block potentially-irritating pollutants from aggravating skin. These ingredients include:
- Evening Primrose
- Shea Butter
- Vitamin E
- Oat Kernel Extract